Do you know about scholarships for international students at the University of Hamburg in Germany, 2022-2023? This is the right opportunity you have been waiting for.
Applications for Merit Scholarships are now being accepted at the University of Hamburg. These scholarships are available to international students so that they can focus solely on their studies and develop their skills.
Recommended: Click here for internship opportunities
The university’s merit scholarship program assists outstanding international students and doctoral researchers from all disciplines and degree levels who are actively involved in a social or intercultural context.
A valuable opportunity to obtain financial assistance for furthering one’s education in Germany.
In Hamburg, Germany, the University of Hamburg is a comprehensive university. It is the largest research and education institution in northern Germany, as well as one of Germany’s most comprehensive universities.
Why should you study at the Universitat Hamburg? The university offers a wide range of degree programs. You can choose from 150-degree programs in six faculties at their comprehensive university.
Deadlines for applications are April 15, 2022, and October 15, 2022.
- University or Organization: The Universitat Hamburg
- Department: NA
- Course Level: The scholarship is open to students pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree program.
- Award: €1,000 per month
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Awards: Numerous
- Nationality: International
- The scholarship is only available in Germany
RECOMMENDED: Click here for master’s degree scholarships
- Countries Eligible: International applicants from all countries are eligible.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university. Applicants must meet all of the following conditions to be considered:
- If you are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least two semesters (master’s students can apply after one semester), you are eligible for funding.
- The applicants do not have German citizenship and are therefore ineligible for federal student loans (BAföG).
- Applicants must apply online by clicking here.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be uploaded to the online application portal: CV in tabular format, motivation letter: continue by clicking here, Proof of social and/or intercultural activities (if applicable), as well as a record of accomplishments: STiNE printout or course certificate list Master’s and doctoral students must submit their final certificate, as well as evaluations from two professors or junior professors, to Universität Hamburg. Other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations in justified cases.
- Admission Requirements: At the time of application, applicants must be enrolled at Universität Hamburg.
- Language Requirement: English
The maximum monthly funding amount provided by the university is €850. Individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month, depending on funding availability (approximately 2–3 merit scholarships are awarded per round).